Articles on this Page
- 09/17/15--19:10: _DC Boss Diane Nelso...
- 09/17/15--19:11: _Dylan O’Brien on Le...
- 09/17/15--19:11: _ Alien Abduction St...
- 09/17/15--19:16: _Gugu Mbatha-Raw tal...
- 09/17/15--20:01: _A REVERSE FRANCO-LI...
- 09/17/15--20:01: _Johnson & Johnson p...
- 09/17/15--20:01: _Lil Dicky - $ave Da...
- 09/17/15--20:01: _Celebrity Big Broth...
- 09/17/15--20:10: _Tina Fey Would Rath...
- 09/17/15--20:48: _Kelela - Rewind (Mu...
- 09/17/15--21:07: _Lady Gaga - Til It ...
- 09/17/15--21:18: _Vaivén - Daddy Yank...
- 09/17/15--21:41: _Chris Brown is Pers...
- 09/17/15--22:25: _Tinashe's new buzz ...
- 09/18/15--15:07: _ANTM CYCLE 22: Epis...
- 09/18/15--15:07: _That Poppy - Lowlif...
- 09/18/15--15:07: _CBBUK: Who was evic...
- 09/18/15--15:28: _Project Runway 14x0...
- 09/18/15--15:41: _Sebastian Stan resp...
- 09/18/15--16:00: _Free For All Friday
- Big Boss of DC Entertainment Diane Nelson (President of DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Consumer Products and President-Chief Content Officer of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment) is committed to keeping story arcs of DC characters separate across different mediums.
- 2016’s “Suicide Squad” and “Batman vs. Superman” are first of 10 DC movies expected over next 5 years
- No push for creative crossover with TV series Flash, Arrow, Gotham, Supergirl, and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow. Will keep character worlds highly distinct to give more creative flexibility to writers, producers, and directors at WB.
- Says the focus on single universe a la Kevin Feige’s MCU “could end up handcuffing our creators into trying to work with the same storyline or force them to hold back characters or introduce certain characters. Ultimately it hinders the ability for someone like (showrunner) Bruno Heller to come in and create ‘Gotham.’"
Says “We do believe we’re in a period time where comics and superheroes are really the driving force within pop culture...We have to be really sensitive to making sure were not creating any stories that don’t feel like they’re ready to be told… We have to make sure we’re getting the right story and the right content from the talent we work with. Ultimately we think if it’s a great story people will go out to see it.”
Says “we have broken down a lot of walls among the various (WB) businesses. We’ve had interaction across every business at Warner Bros.”
Credits DC publishers Jim Lee and Dan Didio with reinventing the publishing business starting in 2011 when the pair instituted “a total reboot of our publishing line — it’s been hugely successful in the past four years.”
- Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials OUT TOMORROW!!! Sept. 18th.
Pandemonium in Times Square outside the premiere on Tuesday.
Final film “The Death Cure” got the greenlight and shooting begins in December.
Dylan O’Bae admits it’s “surreal” being first on the call sheet in a big budget Hollywood movie and seeing his name in lights on billboards
Says “When I was 12, if someone told me that I would star in a film and make movies, I would have tripped out. Now that it’s really happening, I’m living my wildest dreams and it makes me want to work harder. I never want to disappoint and I don’t want to be the dud in anything I do. I want to continue to do great work.” Awww Humble Bae
Patricia Clarkson/Chanellor Ava Paige says “My neighbors, who are quite young, told me the book rocks after I told them I had been offered a role in the first movie and their reaction was unbelievable. I’ve never seen them so excited in all their lives...After seeing how excited they were, I knew I had to take the role. They are both now 15 and I brought them here tonight to the premiere.”
Giancarlo Espoisto, of Breaking Bad fame, was drawn to the film by seeing it compared to Divergent and Jennifer Lawrence’s Hunger Lame and said “This film has so much depth to it. I feel like this film has key elements in what we have lost and have seized to think about on a daily basis...The film shows hope, courage, morality and what banding together with others is like and thinking about issues that are bigger than us.”
- 09/17/15--19:11: Alien Abduction Story ‘Captured’ in the Works as Movie
- 09/17/15--19:16: Gugu Mbatha-Raw talks about her new play Nell Gwynn
- Mbatha-Raw will be playing 17th century actress and mistress to King Charles II, Nell Gwynn
- Playwright Jessica Swale and Gugu have been friends for over 10 years and Gugu is crashing with Swale during the play
- Swale added a bunch of female parts to her play after realizing she had more male parts in order to create a better gender balance
- Gwynn was a white woman irl but Swale says that's not important and is pro colour blind casting based on talent
- Gugu says that right now she is attracted to roles about irl people
- Talks a bit about playing a CGI feather duster in Beauty and the Beast (OP note: She should be Belle)
- 09/17/15--20:01: A REVERSE FRANCO-LIAN EXPERIENCE
- 09/17/15--20:01: Lil Dicky - $ave Dat Money (Official Music Video)
- 09/17/15--20:01: Celebrity Big Brother House turns on Austin + Nominations!
- 09/17/15--20:48: Kelela - Rewind (Music Video)
- 09/17/15--21:18: Vaivén - Daddy Yankee lyric video
- 09/17/15--21:41: Chris Brown is Person of Interest in Denver Assault
- 09/18/15--15:07: ANTM CYCLE 22: Episode 8 Trailer: The Girl Who Got All Dolled Up
- 09/18/15--15:07: That Poppy - Lowlife (Acoustic)
- 09/18/15--15:07: CBBUK: Who was evicted???
- 09/18/15--15:28: Project Runway 14x07 - Haute Tech Couture
- 09/18/15--15:41: Sebastian Stan responds to Zack Snyder's Marvel comments
- 09/18/15--16:00: Free For All Friday
-The project is based on the story of Betty and Barney Hill, an interracial couple from Portsmouth, N.H., who said they were captured by a UFO on Sept. 19, 1961.
- The Hills — a black postal clerk and a white social worker — claimed they had been studied by extraterrestrials and then returned to Earth with missing memories that were later retrieved under hypnosis.
- Producers plan to make the film in a context of both Cold War paranoia and the country’s struggle over race relations
Creepy post? Y/Y?
- franco has a new film column for indie wire, where he publishes conversations with his reverse self — "semaj"
- first review is the upcoming horror movie "goodnight mommy," about two extremely close twin boys who are concerned about their mother when she comes home after reconstructive surgery
- james and semaj talked about what it means to be a twin, complimented each other for making good points, debate whether or not chucky wears a mask, etc etc one potato two potato
tweet / the review
Isn't this kind of extreme? Eggland's Best also dropped them. 🚑
Reddit is going crazy over this rn 💩
-As Part of Mindy Kaling's book tour Fey and Kaling played a game of "Would You Rather."
-After Kaling joked that she would make out with Trump, Fey asked whether she would rather sleep with Donald Trump or rapist Bill Cosby.
-Fey answered her own question by saying, "With Bill Cosby you could sleep through it."
-Several banned sources originally misattributed the quote to Mindy Kaling.
We hope u feel our love&solidarity through the song & perhaps find some peace in knowing u r not alone through this film #TilItHappensToYou— Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) September 18, 2015
No lie this video contains depictions of all sorts of rape. This trigger warning is not a joke.
Chris Brown was named a person of interest in a Denver assault after a woman was allegedly forcibly thrown off his tour bus in front of a strip club on Monday night.
source 1, 2
come on guys help this not to flop
In the second unconventional challenge of the season, the designers are asked to use outdated technology to create a modern look. They each get possession of a shopping cart and are told to hop in the dumpster and retrieve their materials. Which designer is a germophobe? How many floppy disks were used? Will the Tim Gunn save make an appearance this week? Find out under the cut.
One day for this challenge.
The designers wake up to find an old boombox in their apartments, with a message from Heidi. The king of matrons, Joseph, says he hasn't seen a boombox since he saw Madonna in concert. I do not believe this because Joseph's style lives in 1992 so I assume he does too.
At the scramble for materials, Lindsey reveals she has "a germ thing" as if they are going through actual garbage and not carefully curated items. Swapnil says he wants to do bridal - maybe to match his bridal lingerie from last week? Kelly grabs some tubes which remind me of a child-made robot costume. Joseph says this week he is going sexy - with a to-the-knee skirt. I fan myself I am so scandalized /s. Ashley is using old poleroids and bleeding the ink - she wants to redeem herself from the first unconventional materials challenge.
Tim pops in the workroom to remind the designers they need to "transform the materials". You would think after 14 seasons this would be obvious, but whatever. As Tim is about to leave Jake asks for a word. In tears, he confides that he received word his dog is dying and will be quitting the show. This kind of explains his fairly under the radar edit despite a few good outfits here and there. RIP Jake's dog :(
Even though I love Kelly, she describes what she is working on as "armor" which is, in my opinion, a lazy PR designer's word. I really hope she is the first to use that word and not create something I hate. Lindsey is using keyboard keys on her dress, and after consulting with Tim, so is Edmond. Merline is making "a bird outfit." I am intrigued.
Swapnil has a cool cord top, but tells Tim he wants to do a muslin skirt which is of course a no-no. By the time we get to the end of the day, only Joseph is done with his look. He has gotten so much air time this episode that he is probably going to win or go home (fingers crossed for home!).
Runway day dawns, and the mediocre Mary-Kay makeup is applied. Whoever the hair people are do the hair. On to the runway.
Ashley Nell Tipton
Kelly Dempseydid not succumb to the 'armor' curse, yay!!!
QUIT - Jake Wall
WINNER - Kelly Dempsey
OUT - Joseph Poli
What are your thoughts ONTD? Some of these models (Aube and Emoni) are actually pretty good this season, I hope they keep getting work after this.
Sebastian Stan was doing press for 'The Martian' when Zack Snyder's earlier comments about Marvel's films was brought up.
"Yeah, I'm sitting here and I'm listening to you and I'm thinking, 'Do I want to fire some shots at DC right now, at Zack Snyder?' I read some of those comments where he said something about Batman and Superman, I can't remember where I read that, somewhere... Something about, 'It's not going to be your flavor-of-the-week Ant-Man.' And I was like, 'Oh thanks, Zack. That's great. Way to do something original.' But I would say we're still making something very original in our own way. I mean, the Russos are coming in and taking something people are used to and they're shaping it up and changing it in a very different way. They're not trying to mimic a better Christopher Nolan movie or something like that."