Articles on this Page
- 07/10/15--17:12: _Even more Little Mi...
- 07/10/15--17:12: _Melanie Martinez: "...
- 07/10/15--17:13: _Sinister 2 Red Band...
- 07/10/15--17:30: _Vikings Season 4: O...
- 07/10/15--17:40: _CEO of Reddit Resigns
- 07/10/15--17:46: _Seaworld writes an ...
- 07/10/15--17:49: _'Killjoys' called o...
- 07/10/15--18:45: _Comic-Con Trailer f...
- 07/10/15--19:15: _Star Wars: The Forc...
- 07/10/15--19:20: _Official trailer fo...
- 07/10/15--20:01: _New posters of Scre...
- 07/10/15--20:21: _Cruller Intentions ...
- 07/10/15--21:06: _Game of Thrones Pan...
- 07/10/15--21:52: _Is Atticus Finch a ...
- 07/10/15--22:44: _SDCC ’15 – Bruce Ti...
- 07/10/15--22:44: _John Stamos checks ...
- 07/10/15--22:45: _Duggar Update: Jill...
- 07/10/15--22:54: _Guess who made an a...
- 07/10/15--23:30: _The Walking Dead Ca...
- 07/11/15--15:58: _First look at Jon B...
- 07/10/15--17:12: Even more Little Mix interviews
- 07/10/15--17:12: Melanie Martinez: "Soap" Now with Music Video!
- 07/10/15--17:13: Sinister 2 Red Band Trailer
- 07/10/15--17:30: Vikings Season 4: Official #SDCC Trailer (Comic-Con 2015) + Panel
- 07/10/15--17:40: CEO of Reddit Resigns
- 07/10/15--17:46: Seaworld writes an open letter to Harry Styles
- 07/10/15--17:49: 'Killjoys' called one of the best summer series by Rotten Tomatoes!
- 07/10/15--18:45: Comic-Con Trailer for Arrow, The Flash & Legends of Tomorrow
- 07/10/15--19:15: Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Comic-Con 2015 Reel
- 07/10/15--19:20: Official trailer for 'Ash vs Evil Dead'
- 07/10/15--20:01: New posters of Scream Queens cast
- 07/10/15--21:06: Game of Thrones Panel @ SDCC 2015
- 07/10/15--21:52: Is Atticus Finch a racist?
- Once a role model for everyone in To Kill a Mockingbird, but apparently in Go Set a Watchman, Atticus Finch is a racist.
- In a review by NYT's Michiko Kakutani points out that Atticus Finch has attended Klan meetings and says things like “Do you want Negroes by the carload in our schools and churches and theaters? Do you want them in our world?”
- Set in the 1950s with Scout coming home to Alabama from NYC,we also learn that Jem is dead and Tom Robinson was acquitted of raping a white woman (in flashback sequences).
- 07/10/15--22:44: John Stamos checks into rehab for substance abuse issues
- Josh Duggar - Molested five girls, including sisters, ranging in ages 4 - 12
- Bill Gothard - At least 34 women who worked for Gothard have said they were sexually harassed by him, four women have said he molested them, one of the molestation victims was 16 at the time
- Joseph Hutchens - State Trooper who Jim Bob personally knew and brought his son to for a "stern talk" after admitting to molestation, in prison for child pornography
- Doug Phillips - Duggar family friend, presented Michelle Duggar with "Mother of the Year" award, former President of Vision Forum Ministries, sexually abused his children's nanny
- John Perry - Co-authored books with Mike Huckabee (who was extremely outspoken in his defense of Josh Duggar), molested young girl but statute of limitations had passed by the time police were informed
- 07/10/15--22:54: Guess who made an appearance as Captain Marvel at Comic-Con
- 07/10/15--23:30: The Walking Dead Cast @ SDCC '15
- 07/11/15--15:58: First look at Jon Bernthal as The Punisher
The Voice Season 3 contestant Melanie Martinez released a music video for her new song, Soap, on YouTube today. Melanie was on Team Adam and came in fifth overall.
I fucking hated her on the show but I'm obsessed with her solo stuff. Pity Party is one of my favorite songs from 2015 so far. I like this song but could do without the bubble noises.
Update: this video is fucking unsettling lol
Have you aged Ragnar's children this year, since this story eventually becomes about them?
Yes, the children are a little older. We haven’t pushed the boundaries too much, but we have recast some of the sons and they are starting to develop and show their characters. They can play a bigger part in the stories, we can begin to see how important they are, both to Ragnar and to the story. Historically speaking the only thing that Ragnar Lothbrok, really feared was that his sons would become more famous than he was. So we’re beginning to see some of that anxiety on Ragnar’s part, even though he loves his sons. So yeah, we're going on with developing the sons and they will play a bigger and bigger part in season four. That’s very important to me, this has never been the Ragnar Lothbrok show, this is a show about Vikings. And again historically speaking, a couple of Ragnar's sons did become more famous than he was. I’m thinking particularly of Bjorn and the wonderfully named Ivor the Boneless. Ivor’s story is a crucial and amazing part of season four.
Check out the THR for the full article and interview at the source.
- Ragnar is fascinated with death and choice vs. destiny
- Ragnar gets a new love interest that is very "human" and unexpected
- Bjorn is a ho
- Ragnar has trust issues
WHO ELSE IS OFFICIALLY DECEASED AFTER THAT TRAILER?!
Ellen Pao has stepped down from her position at Reddit after a particularly tumultuous month for the site (aka the deletion of a subreddit where you can hate on fat people and the firing of the AMA coordinator w/o any warning). There was a petition with over 200 thousand signatures demanding her resignation, but Pao says that's not what made her step down.
"So why am I leaving? Ultimately, the board asked me to demonstrate higher user growth in the next six months than I believe I can deliver while maintaining reddit’s core principles."
Co-Founder Steve Huffman will take over her role. Pao will stick around in an advisory capacity but otherwise didn't provide details on her future from here.
news source/reddit resignation post
-Harry told concert goers at last night's San Diego concert not to go to Seaworld if they love dolphins.
-Seaworld has responded.
This has been a banner year for random celeb/company feuds
Source 1, 2, 3 and 4
Episode four of Killjoys airs tonight at 9/8c on SyFy and Space. If you haven't given it a shot you should! Bounty hunters in space! Kick ass woc lead! No love triangles! Platonic bffs Dutch and Johnny! Give it a chance :D
The panel just ended and people led by stormtroopers to John Williams concert. For the rest of us, this is the reel shown during the panel.
Here for this
E! published two reports on Saturday regarding #DonutGate. One is boring and a rehash of all the other stuff everyone already hates Ariana for doing, but the other drags her for all of our enjoyment. The report is entitled "Why Ariana Grande Needs To Grow Up - And Quickly!" and not only drags her to hell and back, but includes brand new quotes from an insider who says the singer "has a big ego." Nah...
The main points of the juicy report:
- E! didn't like either of Ari's apologies, saying the first "made the whole situation worse" and that it didn't make sense: "Say what? I am not sure adding a saliva-topping to a stranger's food is a good nutrition lesson for anyone." They shade Ariana by implying that she doesn't live in reality.
- Of the second apology, they say it is straight out of Bieber's playbook, mentioning that they have the same team (which instructed Justin to make his apology). They say that the apology "lacks authenticity" and is "a response to the bad press, rather than the bad behavior." E! drags Ari for making herself look like a victim constantly, saying"[i]n Ari's world, we are wrong for reporting on who she is dating. We are wrong for reporting on her hateful rant, even though it took place in a public doughnut shop. We are wrong for criticizing her for licking donuts and being rude to store workers and fans (because surely we should have known this was a protest against junk food)."
- "It's been rumored Ariana prefers that people photograph her on the left side of her face, rather than the right. But, right now, she isn't coming across well from any angle."
- Alleged quote from someone who has worked with her: "She can be rude and because of that she has a bad reputation. She is very head strong and determined, and whether rightly or wrongly, she is seen as a diva because of that."
- They say Ari has to accept that being in the public eye means giving up some of your privacy and Ariana should have been aware of the existence of security cameras.
- They say Ariana does have talent but needs to realize that how she acts when no one is around reflects who she is regardless of whether it's caught by a camera.
- Twenty-two is old enough to take responsibility for your actions, "despite her pleas to the contrary." Ari "can't dictate that people only view [her] from the angle that benefits [her]."
p.s.: after hearing Ariana say that she "hates America," the claims that she told fans she wants them to "f--ing die" are much more believable now, yes?
Atticus Finch Is Racist in Go Set a Watchman & the Internet Is Freaking Out Because Everything We Thought We Knew… http://t.co/51iTgD2Cl6— E! News (@ENews) July 11, 2015
Bruce Timm recently confirmed that he is currently working on an animated version of Alan Moore's 'The Killing Joke'. No further info has been released but Mark Hamill has said in the past that he would be up for reprising the Joker for this.
John Stamos has checked into rehab for substance abuse issues -- get the details http://t.co/GiUETQUylY— Us Weekly (@usweekly) July 11, 2015
- Admitted to a residential program to seek treatment one month after his DUI arrest
- Stamos was pulled over on June 12. BHPD said: "Subsequent investigation at the hospital determined that he was driving under the influence."
- This comes just hours after [banned source] reported that he had pulled out as co-host of the 2015 Emmy nominations announcement on Thursday, July 16
- His upcoming projects include Grandfathered (this fall on Fox), Netflix's Fuller House, and My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2
More at the source
The Duggar Family announced Jill and Derick have left the country to do missionary work by posting a video that is creepy, even by Duggar standards. In what is meant to look like a candid video, Jim Bob awkwardly leads the family in prayer. Out of nowhere, he then asks Derick how his dad dying at an early age affected him and disturbingly nods along while Derick speaks.
In a post on his blog, Derick said, "For security purposes, at this time, we’re not publicly discussing specific times and places of international service." It has been speculated they will either be returning to Nepal, where Jill and Derick began courting as Jim Bob tagged along, or El Salvador. Since Jill knows a few words in Spanish, they will be able to speak the language no matter where they end up. As Jim Bob has taught us before, Spanish is the language of countries where English is not the main language. And Spanish is just an o added to the end of English words!
In Josh Duggar news, more has come out about what he was doing in his teen years beyond wearing mom jeans. While working for a family friend's political campaign in 2004, Josh got into trouble for watching porn on a campaign computer. At the time, Josh was also bethroted to marry the daughter of this politician. It has been said that the politician, Jim Holt, blamed his loss to "sin in the camp" by Josh Duggar. The betrothal was broken off and one girl went on to breathe a sigh of relief while another will be breathing through labor pains on a toilet any day now.
I Photoshopped this a while back. I just searched for it and found it here. I wonder if they noticed?
More has come out about the "counseling" Josh received after his parents found out he had molested at least five victims.
Bill Gothard, the founder of the IBLP which is central to the religious beliefs of the Duggars, says it was him who gave the order to send Josh to a program where Josh learned carpentry and had lust counseling. Just like Jesus!
Bill Gothard and Mike Huckabee
Gothard said, "Josh was put to work helping with the renovations and learning about carpentry and on the side being instructed spiritually." Despite the fact the police report has victim statements, proving that the girls did know that they were molested, Gothard tried to downplay it in a similar fashion as the girls own parents, "The fact is he did touch his younger sisters, he was a teenager at the time, he touched them in the wrong places which was totally wrong but the sisters weren't even aware of it."
Gothard went on to give a lesson in biology, "The endocrine system consists of about 16 or 17 or so glands throughout our body and they are affected by our sexual drive," he explains. "Lust can have a positive or negative affect on the body depending on what it's for. God designed us to have an attraction to the opposite sex for marriage. But whoremongers will be damaged by their own system."
Gothard is no longer the head of the IBLP. He had to step down after finally acknowledging the years and years of sexual abuse allegations from young girls in his organization.
There is much more about Josh's cleanse by a Godly mentor here and it is worth reading. These people are in a race with Scientology to claim title of the absolute worst and it looks like IBLP/ATI is in the lead.
To add to the creep factor, here are some of the signs that can be seen around the Duggar home. While these are icky at anytime, knowing what we now know, they come across much worse.
And finally, an additional bit of information showing people connected to all this in some way and their Christian values in action...
What would people in developing countries appreciate more than running water or access to healthcare? A picture of the Duggar family, of course!
Source 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
Video source: 1,2,3
Actor Jon Bernthal was photographed shooting scenes for season 2 of Marvel's Daredevil, where he will appear as Frank Castle/The Punisher.
More pics at the SOURCE