Articles on this Page
- 06/18/15--12:55: _Lorde and Lena on W...
- 06/18/15--13:27: _Brandi Glanville Is...
- 06/18/15--13:27: _Model sues Kotex af...
- 06/18/15--14:04: _Lester Holt will ta...
- 06/18/15--14:14: _Laverne Cox: "Men w...
- 06/18/15--14:49: _Janet @ LAX, posts ...
- 06/18/15--15:15: _The kings of metal ...
- 06/18/15--15:15: _Blake Anderson was ...
- 06/18/15--15:16: _COMPLEX's The Best ...
- 06/18/15--15:17: _Britney is frugal
- 06/18/15--15:26: _Rihanna's #R8 gets ...
- 06/18/15--15:28: _Adding on to the Pi...
- 06/18/15--15:30: _Scott Baio's wife d...
- 06/18/15--15:31: _Alan Rickman + Heli...
- 06/18/15--15:52: _everyone's ideal co...
- 06/18/15--16:19: _Miley Cyrus' #1 fan...
- 06/18/15--16:51: _Fetty Wap Sings To ...
- 06/18/15--16:59: _Despite a boycott, ...
- 06/18/15--17:11: _Toga denies SLEAZER...
- 06/19/15--09:45: _Prince Harry Is Rom...
- 06/18/15--12:55: Lorde and Lena on What it's Like to Sit with Taylor
- 06/18/15--13:27: Model sues Kotex after losing her leg due to toxic shock syndrome
- 06/18/15--14:04: Lester Holt will take over the Nightly News spot
- 06/18/15--14:49: Janet @ LAX, posts NEW song
- 06/18/15--15:15: The kings of metal return in September
- 06/18/15--15:16: COMPLEX's The Best Albums of 2015 (So Far) list
- 06/18/15--15:17: Britney is frugal
- 06/18/15--15:26: Rihanna's #R8 gets SCRAPPED!
- 06/18/15--15:30: Scott Baio's wife diagnosed with a brain tumor
- 06/18/15--15:31: Alan Rickman + Helium + Harry Potter = Everything
- 06/18/15--15:52: everyone's ideal couple walks hand-in-hand
- 06/18/15--16:51: Fetty Wap Sings To His Baby
- 06/18/15--16:59: Despite a boycott, John Legend performed at the Beverly Hills Hotel
- On May 30th, John Legend performed at a Wedding reception that was hosted at the BHH for $300,000 for Daniel Landy and Alexandra Lippman where he sung two songs in total
- But earlier last year (in February), Legend declined the party for his cover on LA Confidential at the BHH (Beverly Hills Hotel) with his rep telling The Hollywood Reporter, 'These policies, which among other things could permit women and LGBT Bruneians to be stoned to death, are heinous and certainly don't represent John's values or the spirit of the event. John does not, in any way, wish to further enrich the Sultan while he continues to enforce these brutal laws'
- The boycott of BHH started in 2014 when the owner of BHH (the Sultan of Brunei) passed 'Sharia law in his country, calling for the stoning of gays and adulterers'
- 06/19/15--09:45: Prince Harry Is Romancing Doctor Who Star Jenna Coleman
Lena:"Speaking of camp mother, I feel that Taylor [Swift] has really taken control and said, 'I'm going to get us all together in the same place, I'm gonna make it very clear that friendship is powerful and women are magic and if anybody thinks this is a witches’ coven they might be right. She’s just made it her job in a very cool way."
Lorde:"She definitely brought me into this amazing world of supportive female friendship. For me, someone starts talking about boys and I'm like, 'I just don’t know what to say.' I'm useless in that capacity and that was why I thought, 'Well, I can't have girl friends [because] I don't know how to talk about boys.' But Taylor just glosses over the fact that I'm terrible at that and she’s just like, 'It's okay, I'll love you for your other qualities.'"
oop. sorry mods, I forgot the source the first time.
The New York Daily News is currently reporting that California based model Lauren Wasser is suing Kotex after a 2012 incident that resulted in her having her leg amputated. The day that Wasser fell ill she claims that she had changed her tampon three times before she went to bed for the night. Shortly after she had a major heart attack and the hospital said that her tampon tested positive for toxic shock syndrome.
She was placed in a medically induced coma as doctors tried to get the infection out of her system. The infection eventually turned into gangrene and the 24 year old model and star athlete ended up receiving a below the knee leg amputation. Wasser not only experienced extreme pain during her hospitalization but said that when she got home she initially wanted to kill herself due to the loss of her leg.
Currently Wasser is suing Kotex as well as the grocery stores Kroger and Ralph's since she purchased the tampons from there. Her lawsuit claims that Kotex and the stores are "negligently, wantonly, recklessly, tortuously, and unlawfully responsible in some manner" for the loss of her leg.
"That product f----d me over," Wasser stated in a recent interview.
Source 1 and 2
Laverne Cox: Men dating trans women are probably "stigmatized more than trans women" http://t.co/eNRo3m6yrx— huffpostgay (@huffpostgay) June 18, 2015
Quote from Laverne Cox: "Most men who are attracted to and date transgender women are probably stigmatized more than trans women are."
Source:Huff Post Gay @ Twitter
Iron Maiden will release a double album of new material, "The Book Of Souls," worldwide on September 4. The album was finished in late 2014 but the release has been delayed while vocalist Bruce Dickinson battled cancer of the tongue and won. He's now recovering from the treatment, because chemo can be worse than the cancer sometimes, and is now ready to hit the road.
The album has just 11 tracks but runs 92 minutes, making it effectively a double studio album, Maiden's first. Bassist and founder Steve Harris wrote seven of the tracks and for the first time since 1984's "Powerslave," the album also features two tracks written solely by Bruce Dickinson, one of which is the longest song MAIDEN has ever recorded.
Bruce isn't letting cancer stop him. He recently bought a 737 and launched his own airline.
01. If Eternity Should Fail (Dickinson) 8:28
02. Speed Of Light (Smith/ Dickinson) 5:01
03. The Great Unknown (Smith/ Harris) 6:37
04. The Red And The Black (Harris) 13:33
05. When The River Runs Deep (Smith/ Harris) 5:52
06. The Book Of Souls (Gers/ Harris) 10:27
07. Death Or Glory (Smith/ Dickinson) 5:13
08. Shadows Of The Valley (Gers/ Harris) 7:32
09. Tears Of A Clown (Smith/ Harris) 4:59
10. The Man Of Sorrows (Murray/ Harris) 6:28
11. Empire Of The Clouds (Dickinson) 18:01
* 2CD deluxe hardbound book limited edition
* 2CD standard edition
* Triple heavyweight black vinyl
* High res audio (24-bit Mastered for ITunes and non-Mastered for iTunes)
* Standard res audio (16 bit/ 44.1 kHz)
SOURCE: 1, 2, 3
'Workaholics' Star Blake Anderson -- Wake and Probably Baked ... Kicked Off Morning TV http://t.co/OKBKQrA4Nk— TMZ (@TMZ) June 18, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFvtsQ5jDcc x https://twitter.com/tmz
21. Fifth Harmony, Reflection
Label: Epic, Syco
Released: Feb. 3
At the mid-year mark, the Best Pop Album Of 2015 is, in this humble writer's opinion, a showdown between Major Lazer and Fifth Harmony, the latter having struck a golden ratio of bangers per total album tracks. “Sledgehammer,” “Worth It,” and “Like Mariah” have, at this point, overwhelmed the promise of Meghan Trainor (who's featured on “Brave Honest Beautiful”) and even returning champion Carly Rae Jepsen. “I want a Kanye, not a Ray J,” the girls sing on “Bo$$,” with a blast of claps and buckets to drum the point home. —JC
15. Björk, Vulnicura
Label: One Little Indian, Megaforce, Sony
Released: Jan. 20
Bjork made Vulnicura as a post-breakup salve, following the end of her longterm relationship with artist Matthew Barney, with whom she has a 12-year-old daughter. The title is said to be Greek for “cure for wounds,” and for a complicated and often abstract artist like Bjork, the cure seems to be talking about her hurt in plain terms. “Once it was simple, one feeling at a time,” she sings on “Lionsong. “These abstract, complex feelings, I just don’t know how to handle them.” Co-producers Arca and the Haxan Cloak respect her space with a minimalist backdrop, keeping everything from the synthesizers to the violins warm and sorrowful. Bjork has always had an air of mystery about her, and watching her cast it off in favor of open devastation is both incredibly sad and terribly beautiful. —Christine Werthman
10. Father John Misty, I Love You, Honeybear
Label: Sub Pop
Released: Feb. 10
Father John Misty’s first album, Fear Fun, documented Josh Tillman's drug-fueled trip to the end of the line. His second album, I Love You, Honeybear, shows what came next: the finding of a partner to whom this entire album is dedicated. An album like this could be a real slog—the breakdown is usually more fun for the audience than the resolution—but Tillman is still a flawed, self-deprecating, uncomfortably honest protagonist with a gift for Americana melodies. “I can hardly believe that I’ve found you, and I’m terrified by that,” he says on the gorgeous, bluesy “When You’re Smiling and Astride Me,” where a choir of voices sways behind him.
He’s untidied his folksy arrangements, letting things get bigger and more exploratory without ever losing the thread, though he comes close on the delightfully chaotic “The Ideal Husband,” with drums and piano crashing around him. But he’s back to restoring order with subdued piano on “Bored in the USA,” as he asks “Is this the part where I get all I’ve ever wanted?” Maybe not, but Tillman did get what he needed, what everyone hopes for when they hit the bottom: a hand to reach out, pull him up, and put him back on his feet. —CW
5. Drake, If You're Reading This It's Too Late
Label: Cash Money
Released: Feb. 13
So, this is quite possibly Drake's weakest album. Or is it a mixtape? Who knows, or really cares, for that matter, in 2015. The fact remains, even with that caveat, this shit is still wall-to-wall bangers. If stagnant Drizzy sounds this good, then fuck it, stamp the project's opening self-proclamation: He is a legend. The first five tracks alone (definitive ranking: “Legend,” “No Tellin,” “Energy,” “Know Yourself,” “10 Bands”) are as formidable a stretch of undeniable heaters as any true blue mainstream project so far this year. Things get shaaaky, no 6 side in the middle with a mix of good but not so great songs (I'm OK with never hearing “Now & Forever” again). It's Drake, as we've come to expect him.
But it's OK to call dude out for remaking “Worst Behavior” two or three times while sticking to the same subject matter (“Money and women, that's just how shit happened to go”) while still admitting that he remains very good at talking about those things. And the last three tracks mark a welcome switch from the formula that bodes well for his forthcoming proper album. He fits seamlessly into Travi$ Scott's gothic hellscape on “Company,” before he's right back to warmer subject matter, but progressively so, on “You & the 6” and especially the album standout, “Jungle.” And he's got another pinned location freestyle for you if you thought the bars were slacking. That OVO boy is still the business, man. —FT
1. Kendrick Lamar, To Pimp a Butterfly
Label: Top Dawg, Aftermath, Interscope
Released: March 15
To Pimp A Butterfly is the rare album where an already coveted artist reaches an entirely new plateau. K. Dot internalizes his struggles with celebrity and mediates on ideas of self-actualization and what it means to be a black man in Amerikkka. With a jam band approach to songs, he incorporates various styles of black music from funk to jazz, creating one of the most eclectic rap albums in recent memory where few of the tracks begin and end the same way.
Take “Hood Politics” for example, which opens with a breezy bounce, shifts into the actual beat, features a haunting interlude before switching back into its actual beat and ending with spoken word. For a lesser artist, any one of those three beats could rightfully have been their own song. But Kendrick is so full of ideas, so willing to expand his palette, every moment is an opportunity to reach greater heights.
Much has been made about the album’s themes on black life, it’s introspective lyrics, and Dot’s varied flows, but it’s his relentless ambition that truly sets it apart. You know you’re already in the pantheon of all-time greats when your latest album is the best rap album since your last album. —IA
favorite album of the year so far ontd?
source + rest of the list: complex
Thanks to her conservatorship, Britney's finances are open to everyone, and TMZ got its paws on the paperwork, which detailed her spending in 2014.
(and looks hot in those shorts)
Brit is worth an estimated $46 million, an increase in her net worth by $5 million. Her biggest expenditure was $901,845.88 for fiduciary and attorney fees. That included a lawsuit by a backup dancer and lawyers to help negotiate her Las Vegas residency. The next big expense was $409,237.40 for child support and care for Sean and Jayden. Nice work if you can get it, eh K-Fed?
She also spent $57,550 on personnel and assistants, which was down from $131,000 in 2013. $25,000 went to pet care, making Hannah Spears well cared for.
She spent $49,000 on wardrobe, including that red jumpsuit with the plunging neckline that she wore to her lingerie launch. Another $20,000 to hair and makeup (I've yet to see proof of that), and $2,454.45 for massages and nails. She dropped another $15,270.35 for "meals and entertainment."
Her Los Angeles mansion is worth $6.8 million, which has $1.6 million worth of furniture and unspecified equipment. She also still has a home in Louisiana worth $570,000.
She spent $37,977.88 on "family support," including her mother Lynne Spears' weekly allowance of $500. (Really.) Her dad, Jamie, collects and additional $16,000 a month to manage her affairs.
Finally, she spent about $5,500 at Target over the course of 37 purchases there during the year.
- after critics slammed Rihanna for lackluster sales of her first 3 singles, Rihanna's label is in panic mode
- 4 5 Seconds, Bitch Better Have My Money and American Oxygen are being demoted into promo singles
- the #R8 album is now scrapped, even though it was nearing completion
- Rihanna is "desperately searching for musicians and producers to work with"
- she might revert to her reggae/dancehall inspired music
- she didn’t originally like the idea – she wanted to create more classic music. But after having flop after flop after flop with her past three singles, it looks like Rihanna is heading back to her Barbadian roots
Scott Baio’s wife Renee has been diagnosed with a brain tumor, but it's not all bad news. Renee has a meningioma brain tumor, which Scott said "90% of these type of tumors are benign," but they can cause serious problems depending on the size of the tumor and the location. "We are waiting to learn the exact location to see if its operable,” he explained.
The two have been married eight years. Scott says she is handling it well. "She refuses to even shed one tear, nor will she question God's will. Renee, Bailey, and I will get through this and along the way maybe help educate others to get checked out (MRI with contrast) as 6,500 people each year, mostly women, get these tumors."
ONTD, be honest, how often do you do this?
Zayn Malik Didn't Leave One Direction Because of Perrie Edwards, Her Mom Says
- Here is the happy couple holding hands while leaving her parents home in Newcastle, England last week.
- Perrie’s mom, Debbie, recently spoke about him leaving 1D and said, “It was his decision and nothing to do with Perrie. They’ve always been happy. Zayn’s one of the nicest boys I’ve ever met and I couldn’t imagine Perrie with anyone else."
- She also said, “I feel like he’s already my son, they’ve been together since she was on The X Factor so he’s part of the family.”
Plus some other recent pics:
he left because of all the other pussy around lbr
-Miley Cyrus mega-fan Carl McCoid spent almost $4,500 on his Miley tattoos
-He has 29 tattoos dedicated to the problematic pop star
-He says that he wants to remove his tattoos because Miley Cyrus called them "ugly"
Come on now John
Kylie Jenner and her rapper boyfriend Tyga were seen getting lunch today after he denied his explicit song Pleazer was about the teen. The pair were pictured leaving a Japanese restaurant together in California today, with Kylie looking smug as she was pictured heading to the driver’s side of her Mercedes 4x4.
Tyga slammed TMZ saying that the sexually explicit track is old and was recorded while he was still with the mother of his son, King, Blac Chyna. Obviously what he's boasting that he's “bout to catch a felony for it” refers to.
Pleazer is almost 2 years old. It still bangs tho!— T-Raww (@Tyga) June 17, 2015
The 15-year-old offered no explanation for the Kardashian pussy line though
tweet + article
ONTD, do you like vagina juice like orange juice in the mornin’?